All Fields marked as Primary Key

Oct 23, 2014 at 5:15 PM
I imported a DBC using VFP Entity Framework 2 and EF6 and every field is marked as a key. I have tried several times and each time it happens. The issue is when doing an update or a lookup I have to provide ALL keys which makes no sense to me.
Coordinator
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Do you have a Primary Key or Candidate Key setup on your tables? If not, that is the problem because the EF Provider uses those indexes to determine which key to uses.

If you are using "code first" you can easily fix the mapping as shown here.
Oct 23, 2014 at 10:44 PM
I have looked at the foxpro setup and have been unable to find a way to specify a primary key. I am not a foxpro developer but I do have foxpro installed and know a few commands. If you can direct me as to how to set the keys I would be more then happy to do so.

I also have found another issue some of my DBC's are returning an error when I try and import them. "The source contains no datarows." I have done a validate database recover and found no errors. Can you help direct me towards where I need to look for this?
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 8:47 PM
How to: Create Indexes (Visual FoxPro)

I'm not sure why you are getting "The source contains no datarows." Could you send me an example project that I could use to debug this issue? (tombrothers@outlook.com)
Oct 24, 2014 at 9:50 PM
I can but the data is several hundred megs even after zipping it wont email. I can offer you an opportunity to login if you prefer.
Coordinator
Oct 24, 2014 at 10:04 PM
I don't need the actual data records just the data structure. You can send me a zapped copy of the data.
Coordinator
Oct 25, 2014 at 10:14 PM
I was able to identify the source of the problem for the "The source contains no datarows" issue. A fix is available in the latest release.
Oct 25, 2014 at 10:38 PM
Awesome thank you. Will it also be available on the Nuget store or should I just download the latest install?
Coordinator
Oct 26, 2014 at 12:07 PM
The Nuget package has been updated to the latest release.