Unable to deploy. The 'VFPOLEDB' provider is not registered on the local machine.

Apr 24, 2013 at 1:15 PM
Hi. Please let me first thank you for your work on this provider. I have a small project in asp.net mvc 4 with ef5 that must read some data from a old accounting application that has it's data in dbf files. All are working good on the development machine witch is a W7x64 machine. My deployment machine is yet another W7 x64 machine with IIS7.5. I have another machine to test that has exact configuration of the deployment machine. On both after I publish via file system I got the fallowing error : The 'VFPOLEDB' provider is not registered on the local machine.
I'm using the last version of VFPEFP. I have added the references to my project and the fallowing code in my web.config: Image
I'm have enabled 32-Bit Applications for my application pool and I have changed the platfrom target to x86. Also I have installed the VFPOLEDBSetup.msi VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.msi and VfpClient.msi. I don't know what i'm missing because I get the same error like in the fallowing image: Image

I need help. Thank you!
Coordinator
Apr 24, 2013 at 1:39 PM
Edited Apr 24, 2013 at 7:24 PM
I'm not sure what could be missing because it sounds like you did everything that needed to be done.
  • build the project targeting x86
  • make sure the IIS Application Pool is 32 Bit
  • installed VfpOleDbSetup.msi
When you installed VfpOleDb did you use the default "Just Me" option? If so you should reinstall with the "Everyone" option if your IIS Application Pool Identity or WebSite Identity is different than the user that installed VfpOleDb.

Did you verify that your website is using the 32 bit application pool?
Apr 24, 2013 at 1:51 PM
OMG Tom, thank you for showing me the light. Yes indeed I skipped the Everyone option on VFPOLEDBSetup.msi.

Thank you!