Speed issue

Jul 1, 2013 at 11:36 AM
Hi Tom,

I just installed and tried the provider to access some VFP data in a legacy system. When I try to read a single record on an indexed field from a free table, 80.000 records with fldcount of 220, it takes about 6 secs to get a result. If I try the same request with Linq to VFP it takes about 0.06 seconds which is a pretty huge difference.

I've already tried altering the connection string with all kind of parameters ( READ,ENGINEBEHAVIOUR etc etc) but the result stays the same.

Since i'm new to .Net, after 20years+ development in VFP, I was wondering if I missed something obvious.

Any help would be appreciated,

Thx
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2013 at 12:03 PM
See if this discussion matches your issue.
Jul 1, 2013 at 1:10 PM
Tom,

Already saw that discussion and tried the suggestions but didn't help. Will stick to Linq to VFP for the moment.

Thx for the help
Coordinator
Jul 1, 2013 at 1:23 PM
Any chance you could send me an example that I could use to debug the issue? (tombrothers@outlook.com)
Jul 10, 2013 at 9:14 PM
If your still having issues, open your tables up in VFP and make sure you set the codepage to either MSDOS or Windows, you can check your codepage in DISP STAT after you USE the table. I have free tables with 500,000 records that are from Foxdos 25 and its instant!

HTH
Mike
Jul 11, 2013 at 6:42 AM
Thx for the suggestion but Tom already gave a solution.

Problem was lack of a primary key, I changed one index to candidate, build the EDMX and now I can use it against a free table, without the candidate, and the speed is perfect.

Guillaume