EF6 (beta 1) Compatibility

May 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM
Edited May 22, 2013 at 11:24 PM
I see back from your change log that you added EF6 compatibility and since it hit beta 1 today I thought I'd give it a try.

First Error was:

No Entity Framework provider found for 'VfpEntityFrameworkProvider' ADO.NET provider. Make sure the provider is registered in the 'entityFramework' section of the application config file. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=260882 for more information.

So I added:
  <entityFramework>
    <providers>
      <provider invariantName="VfpEntityFrameworkProvider" type="VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.VfpProviderFactory, VfpEntityFrameworkProvider, Version=0.7.13.2060, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=feace53afe38fe48"/>
    </providers>
  </entityFramework>
Now I get:

The 'Instance' member of the Entity Framework provider type 'VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.VfpProviderFactory, VfpEntityFrameworkProvider, Version=0.7.13.2060, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=feace53afe38fe48' did not return an object that inherits from 'System.Data.Entity.Core.Common.DbProviderServices'. Entity Framework providers must extend from this class and the 'Instance' member must return the Singleton instance of the provider.

Anybody using EF6?

Thanks,
Mike
Coordinator
May 23, 2013 at 8:45 AM
The VFP EF Provider for EF 6 isn't available yet.
May 23, 2013 at 12:21 PM
ok, I saw below and got excited!

101762 by TomBrothers
(0 downloads) May 4 9:08 AM

Modified classes to work with EF6.

Thanks,
Mike
Coordinator
May 28, 2013 at 10:44 AM
I was able to get the VFP EF Provider to work EF6 with that check-in... but I have still have a way to go until it is ready for deployment.
Nov 5, 2013 at 11:07 PM
Hey Tom,

Had to sideline my project for the past few months and now I'm putting my head back into it again!

Any Progress on EF6?

Thanks,
Mike
Coordinator
Nov 7, 2013 at 12:07 PM
I’ve got the CRUD operations working with EF6 using the code first approach. But I’m running into some issues with the edmx and getting the designer to recognize the provider. Additionally, I need to update the build process so that it builds multiple .Net versions (.Net 4 and .Net 4.5). I’m planning on working on these issues this weekend. If I can’t resolve the edmx and designer issues I might still release a new build, this weekend, that works with code first only.
Nov 7, 2013 at 10:18 PM
great news - keep me posted

Thanks,
Mike