unable to install VFP Entity Framework Provider (v0.7.10)

Apr 30, 2013 at 7:17 PM
I try to install on a windows 7 64 bit ultimate OS with VS 2012 pro installed.
I get the following error:
Visual FoxPto Entity Framework Provider Setup Wizard ended prematurely because of an error.
Your system has not been modified....

Is this a known issue?
What can I do to resolve this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Stefan
Coordinator
Apr 30, 2013 at 8:02 PM
Make sure that you are running the MSI as an administrator and that you have permissions to modify C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config. If it still doesn't work then can you try using the command prompt to install using "msiexec /i VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.msi /lv msiexec.log" and then email me (TomBrothers@Outlook.com) the msiexec.log.
May 1, 2013 at 5:51 PM

Hello Tom

Thank you for your help

The useraccount I’m logged in with has administrative rights, but running the msi from windows explorer did not work

I than gave the useraccount full control over the file C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config.

That still had no effect

Next I started up the command prompt as an administrator and ran "msiexec /i VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.msi /lv msiexec.log"

That did the trick, the msi installed without problems

Thank you very much, now I can start experimenting (I’m relatively new to .net)

Regards,

Stefan

Van: TomBrothers [email removed]
Verzonden: dinsdag 30 april 2013 22:03
Aan: Stefan van Doremalen
Onderwerp: Re: unable to install VFP Entity Framework Provider (v0.7.10) [vfpefprovider:442125]

Make sure that you are running the MSI as an administrator and that you have permissions to modify C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v4.0.30319\Config\machine.config. If it still doesn't work then can you try using the command prompt to install using "msiexec /i VfpEntityFrameworkProvider.msi /lv msiexec.log" and then email me [email removed] the msiexec.log.