Cannot add table v0.6.4 - Function name is missing )

Apr 30, 2012 at 4:25 PM

I'm trying to set up a project with this and after add a few tables (which takes a LONG time, easily 30 seconds per table) I start getting the error "An error occurred while executing the command definition. See the inner exception for deetails. Function name is missing )". Unfortunately, this is appearing in the Error List and doesn't actually let me view the inner exception. 

I thought it may have been related to a specific table so I've tried a number of other ones and they all seem to return the same message. I can add 5 tables but as soon as I attempt to add the 6th it fails. If I remove one item I can add another table.

The tables are all free tables. 

I'm not sure how to debug the EDMX provider so I can't trace it down. I thought it may have had something to do with a specific table, but when I tested it, it only fails on adding the 6th table and doesn't appear to have anything to do with which table I pick. 

Ex.

Add table1 - Success
Add table2 - Success 
Add table3 - Success 
Add table4 - Success 
Add table5 - Success 
Add table6 - Fail
Remove table5.
Add table6 - Success 

Coordinator
Apr 30, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Could you send me a copy of the tables (trbrothers@hotmail.com) so that I could debug the issue?  I don't need the data, I just need the structure so feel free to zap the tables.

Coordinator
May 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM
Edited May 2, 2012 at 11:42 PM

For anyone following this thread…

Paul helped me identify the source of the problem which was “VFP Error 1812 – Statement too long.” This error can occur when only *some* tables are selected when querying the schema information. I’ll need to work on a fix for this issue.

A workaround in the meantime would be to select all tables and generate the entities. Then in the designer delete the unneeded entities.